At Calibre Office Furniture, our staff members are always approached by several career focused companies to find out more about their job experience to date. These type of companies are greatly keen to find out about the career journey of young established professionals and seek useful career advice from them to pass on to their candidates.
Our Digital Marketing Manager, Aarti Ohri was also recently interviewed by Prospects.ac.uk. Below is a snapshot of her recent interview with them:
- Digital Marketing Manager
What course did you study and where?
- Consumer Behaviour and Marketing, University of Reading
How did you get your job?
- I was headhunted by a Recruitment Consultant after they reviewed my profile on LinkedIn.
What’s a typical day like as a Digital Marketing Manager?
- There is never a quiet period working at Calibre Office Furniture as their in-house Digital Marketing Manager. Each day goes by extremely quickly and most of the time I am juggling between multiple tasks.
- I actually like the fast-paced nature of my job, because my day never gets boring. It’s actually not a problem for me if it gets really busy, because I’m a really organised individual, which means my daily to-do’s are always ready for me to crack on with.
What do you enjoy about your job?
- I really enjoy the diversity of my job. Not only am I managing the SEO for Calibre but I also manage all the Social and PPC elements of the business. I also like the fact that I only have one focus and am able to concentrate on the performance for just one company as oppose to several, which is always the case when working agency-side.
What are the challenges?
- As I always have many tasks and deadlines, it can get quite tricky to fit training and self-learning sessions in. However, I always try to make time for it outside of working hours if need be. This way, I am always kept up-to-date in the Digital Marketing world.
Is your job relevant to your degree?
- Yes, my job is definitely relevant to my degree. I learnt about various types of Marketing as part of my degree but I have ended up pursuing a career in the Digital Marketing sector as I find it extremely interesting and strongly feel it is the way forward for all businesses.
How has your role developed and what are your career ambitions?
- I have not only been dealing with the Marketing side but have also have been actively involved in other interesting projects too like the new website development project.
- My career ambitions include, expanding the Marketing team further and being able to mentor junior members of staff in everything that is Digital Marketing related. I would love to be in a position where i'm constantly passing on my skills and knowledge that I have acquired overtime to staff members who have just graduated and are new to Digital Marketing.
How do I get into Digital Marketing? (3 Tips)
To become a Digital Marketing Specialist it is essential to:
- Apply for internships that are either paid or unpaid and get your foot in the door.
- Demonstrate your creative skills by creating your own blog.
- Have a thorough but to the point CV & LinkedIn profile.