What is the most valuable asset for a business?
Is it the building? Investment capital? Customer base? Equipment?
None of the above. The most valuable asset for any business is its employees.
When something is valuable, you do what you can to look after it and that means, as an employer, you need to completely focus upon health and wellbeing of your employees. By helping them to stay healthy and happy, you’re not only getting the best out of them but you’re also helping them to feel valued. What happens then? Morale rises and so does productivity and profits!
It’s a great idea to put together a health and wellbeing package for your employees. This is a series of benefits of helping hands that your employees can take you up on if they choose to do so. Of course, you can’t force an employee to do anything in relation to their health but you can encourage them and show them the benefits of doing so.
Here are five things you should think about offering your employees as part of your health and wellbeing package.
- Smoking cessation advice – Smoking is extremely bad for health but quitting isn’t easy. Employees might want to quit but don’t know how to begin. In that case, offering smoking cessation advice, via a hotline or a workshop, will help.
- Confidential counselling services – when you think about health and wellbeing, you might think about eating the right foods and getting plenty of exercise. They’re certainly beneficial but what about mental health? Offering confidential counselling services will help employees who are struggling with issues in their personal or professional lives.
- Flexible working opportunities – This isn’t a health benefit per se, but having a better home and work-life balance helps to reduce stress and allows employees to feel more confident and settled in their work. If flexible working opportunities are possible for your business, it’s wise to offer them.
- Reductions for private health care – It might be possible to team up with a private health insurance company to offer discounts for specific types of health care, such as physiotherapy, dental care, vision tests and glasses, etc.
- Cut-Priced Gym Membership – Employees still need to be active during their working days to get any benefits from this, but offering cut-priced gym membership helps to promote good health overall.
Putting together a top quality health and wellbeing package will benefit everyone.