You’ve shortlisted your candidates and the big interview day is around the corner. so, how should you prepare for it, to ensure that everything runs smoothly?
Recruitment is a time consuming process , so it’s important to ensure everything goes according to plan, in order to save time and money. To help the day go without a hitch, cover the following points:
- Compile a list of interview questions and scenarios which reflect the role you’re interviewing people for
- Brief everyone who is on the interviewing panel on the various candidates you have shortlisted
- Schedule interviews to ensure breaks for the interview panel
- Ensure there are enough copies of the job description and person specification on the day
- Ensure the interview room is set up with comfortable boardroom chairs
- Ensure the temperature of the interview room is suitable
- Have refreshments to hand
- Ensure that everyone has confirmed their interview slot prior to the big day
If you can cover these basics, you’ll find that your interview day will run far smoother as a result. Do you have any other ideas to add?